<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 02, 2005

At school I was a thief and a gyppo and a slag (none true, not at all) for two years until, when I was roughly thirteen, everyone seemed to grow up slightly and I made some friends. It was at this point that I was sent away to boarding school. I was reduced to being a holiday-girl in this town then, trying to excavate pieces of life to take back to school in my trunk, wanting to tell my newly conquered friends about the 'really heavy' experience I'd had with some guy from the record shop, or the cute dark boy I'd met in a café one Saturday. But no one spoke to me. This made me a library girl again; borrowing books about loneliness and waiting for someone to say or do something, anything, involving me.



CAFFEINE
by SCARLETT THOMAS


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter