<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 14, 2003

"please don't tell me that's your volvo" - tim koch
-i've thought about buying this album for ages. but as an australian import, the price tag has tended to be a little steep. i've picked up a few other bits and pieces by tim anyway, so thats cool (mine is yours, volume ep, shorts in alaska, and island tones).

-but really it was the MP3 material on monotonik, where tim recorded under the name Thug, that caught my attention. the track werdan being one which does the rounds regularly on my MP3 playlist.

- so anyway i just picked up "please don't tell me that's your volvo" in a sale. so i didn't have to pay that whole extra import cash that kept putting me off. it is one of those CDs i've thought about for so long i couldn't even have told you what the track listing was. it didn't really matter. so this morning as i got into the car, i slipped the disc into play. and it was then i discovered the first track was werdan, and that totally set me up for the day! i felt all blurry and vague, its 6.40 am forsake. and then there it is werdan! and i'm happy. so that puts me into the thug space, and thats what i've been looking for since i first went for a bit of koch, regardless of how much i've come to like a bit of koch, part of me always wanted that thug sound.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter